Well I’ve just arrived in the tropical city of Singapore. The heat is intense but because I’ve expected it I can somehow manage! It’s been two days now and it’s still always a surprise stepping in and out of air-conditioned rooms and into the sticky heat!
My taxi ride from the airport was interesting! I’ve known that Singapore is very safe but I was still praying all the way home as the older driver wobbled about here and there. Then we drove into the parking lot and he explained that he didn’t have very good eyesight!! I’m glad he told me at the end!
I’ve spent the weekend with the Maritz family who have been very welcoming and hospitable. They have showed me around a bit and we went out for dinner across the road for some local food! Ronelle took me to her church and we were the only white people there! But I love that – it’s great to get immersed in a new culture and not cling to the things that are comfortable. It would be so easy to live in the western way I know so well because this place accommodates that kind of lifestyle well (even if you do pay for it!). But I see no point in that. I would rather embrace the new and take opportunities to get amongst everything and everyone that makes up Singapore.
Today was the first day at the office and it has been good getting started on a few promotional items. I also went out for lunch with the girls in the office for another cultural meal! So loving all these new tastes and experiences and getting to know so many people from different cultures and backgrounds.

I so wish I was there too. Yum I can taste and smell those Asian flavours already.
ReplyDelete